Vinaigrette Coleslaw

 

I've enjoyed growing my own cabbages,  and using them for sauerkraut, stirfry and coleslaw. Our children don't seem fond of creamy coleslaw so I changed it up today to a vinaigrette dressing. It's a refreshing flavor for anytime of year. 

It's been fun trying out my new Dash Mandolin Slicer on the harvest of carrots, onions,  cabbage,  potatoes and more. It's also safe for my children to use when taught how it works. I found it especially helpful in using up the tiny and awkward shaped carrots. 



Main Ingredients

1 Full bowl of shredded cabbage,  carrots and onion.  About 1 head cabbage,  6 carrots,  1 onion. 

Vinaigrette Dressing

1/2 C Sugar (or substitute like Swerve)

1/4 C Vinegar,  regular or ACV

1 tsp Celery Seeds

1/2 C Oil,  olive


Directions

1. Chop/Shred Vegetables and mix in a large bowl

2. In a quart jar, add dressing ingredients.  Close lid and shake vigorously. 

3. Immediately pour over salad. Let sit at least 20 min for best flavor,  or overnight. 


I found this to be such a zingy side to compliment these jalapeƱo cheddar venison bratwurst. mmm

Comments