Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Salmon Patties

The Michalek Kitchen: Salmon Patties


My mom made salmon patties as a special treat now and then while I was growing up. I remember always, always wanting another. So it was inevitable that I'd be frying them up for my kiddos. This is a healthier take on those fish burgers for Paleo People and health nuts alike. Just think of all the great Omegas you'll get!

RECIPE

Combine salmon meat (canned), eggs (1 per can), white or *green* onions, minced garlic, salt and pepper, and a squeeze of mustard in a small mixing bowl. Add small amounts of coconut flour at a time until thick enough to form a patty.  Makes about 3-4 per can of salmon

Eggs can be omitted or replaced, but it really helps hold the patty together.


Fry in coconut oil until crisp on both sides and steaming. Serve hot.

Great with a side of asparagus and quinoa!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget